Friday, May 29, 2009

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Had a good day yesterday--forced myself to work out early in the day--knew I would only make excuses later if I didn't get it done. Did 50 minutes on the elliptical and then continued with the scrubbing of the kitchen floor--which trust me--is an upper arm workout.

What I ate:
life cereal and skim milk for breakfast
vegetable beef soup for lunch (which I spilled on Chris's iPod--oops)
egg casserole for dinner--super fattening so I only ate about 1/2 a cup and I had some watermelon
I woke during the night--actually the dumb dog woke me to go out-he's worse than a newborn--and I really needed something sweet so I went with 3 spoonfuls of sugar free cool whip

I've started a weight loss blog with some other Moms from my kids school--kind of like weight-watchers, but free and you don't have to go anywhere. I am super excited about it---not only will I have to report my weight each week, but I also have the option to bitch or celebrate or commend someone else on their efforts. I am also using google calendar with Erin, Sean, Emmy and others to keep track, now that Chris explained it to me.
I've had to revisit my goals as I am obviously not going to be able to lose 25 pounds in the next two weeks. I've pushed back my long term goal to my birthday (3/24) and reduced it to 70 pounds total lost--it sounds like a cop out but on second consideration I think 148 is a little too skinny-- 155 sounds more realistic.
So my first short term goal is 16 pounds by the time we go on vacation (7/25)
I am going out to happy hour with some friends tonight so I am conserving calories today in anticipation of that--not the "Zak" way to do things, but I'm doing it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment